The cost of a building permit with the City of Elba is as follows:
$2.00 per $1,000.00 for the first $25,000.00, $1.00 per $1,000.00 after $25,000.00. The City does not charge for more than three inspections fees at $7.50 each; however, you may request more.
What requires a Building Permit?
- All new construction.
- Additions to existing structures
- Accessory buildings over 120 square feet (sheds, garages, swimming pools, etc.).
- Major interior alterations (excluding painting, floor covering, cabinet replacement).
- All electrical, plumbing, and heating/air conditioning additions or replacements.
- Demolition of structures.
- Mobile home placement.
Who can obtain a Building Permit?
- Licensed contractors.
For more information, please contact the City of Elba's Code Enforcment Officer:
William J. Worthington